Audacious 3.9 was released recently, bringing much-needed updates to the QT UI, along with various other enhancements.
Changes in Audacious 3.9 include:
- Qt user interface:
- the Audacious main window is more customizable thanks to the addition of a View menu (includes options to view/hide the main menu, info bar, info bar visualization, status bar as well as remaining time) and additional options in the application settings;
- configurable playlist columns;
- drag’n’drop support for playlist entries;
- improved playlist search bar: it’s hidden until pressing Ctrl + F, and it matches results more intelligently;
- new controls for stream recording;
- integrated menu items and keyboard shortcuts for the Playlist Manager and Search Tool;
- a comments column can now be displayed in the playlist (and it supports sorting by it);
- improved Search Tool results formatting (bold, italics and capitals highlight different types of results);
- added support for directories in m3u playlists;
- added automatic switching between track and album ReplayGain modes when shuffle is enabled / disabled;
- various other enhancements and bug fixes.
A complete Audacious 3.9 list of changes can be found HERE.
Here are screenshots with the Audacious 3.9 Winamp2-like and Qt interfaces:
Install the latest Audacious in Ubuntu or Linux Mint via PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install audacious